Behind the amazing lunchbox diary of OhWhatYum on Teuko.com is Katie, a mom of 2 boys who shared with us her story and best tips. Among her tricks to make lunch packing easier is the preparation in batches of muffins. Here is below one of her favorite recipes!
Gather pumpkin puree and pumpkin spices, and you are ready to go. The recipe below is from the Pumpkin Muffins with Cream Cheese Frosting Recipe by Weelicious. We just don’t do the frosting here.
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Place the first 5 ingredients in a bowl and whisk to combine:
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
3. In a separate bowl whisk the remaining ingredients.
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 3/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract.
4. Add the dry ingredients into the wet and whisk until just combined.
5. Pour into greased muffins cups 3/4 full.
6. Bake for 20 minutes.