Our Teuko Team is French American and there is one famous French recipe we want to share with you: the Yogurt Cake, or if you want a chic way to say it, the “Gâteau au Yaourt”. Our kids love this recipe, not only because it is yummy, but also because it is super easy. Yes, even kids can make it! You only need to know how to count up to 4. Ready to discover your next family favorite recipe?
Ingredients for making a Yogurt Cake
Instructions for making a Yogurt Cake
Do you remember that we said it’s easy as counting up to 4 for making a yogurt cake?
1- The first thing to do: in a big bowl, mix 1 plain whole milk yogurt and 4 eggs.
💡 Note that you just went from 1 to 4.
2- Second step: you will use the empty yogurt cup to measure and add the following ingredients.
💡 You’ll simply need to count backward to count the number of cups, from 3 to 2, to1, to 1/2.
– 3 yogurt cups of flour
– 2 yogurt cups of sugar
– 1 big teaspoon of baking powder
– 1/2 yogurt cup of sunflower oil
3- Third but optional step: you can choose to customize this recipe by adding a flavor of your choice to the basic recipe.
💡 We suggest any of the following combinations:
– two teaspoons of honey and 1 teaspoon of orange blossom water
– or two teaspoons of vanilla sugar and chocolate chips
– or one banana, with some pecan nuts or walnuts (that will make a yummy and moist banana cake!)
– or orange zest and the juice of half of an orange (perfect for tea time!)
– or citrus zests and blueberries (again, perfect for tea time!)
– or a small amount of pumpkin purée, and a pinch of cinnamon (perfect for Thanksgiving dessert if you need an alternative to the pumpkin pie).
4- Fourth and last step: mix all the ingredients, place in your baking pan, and bake in your oven for about 40min at 350F (180C)
💡If you use a muffin-sized baking pan, you may stop after 30min – it may also depend on your oven, so check it out!
And voilà! 1, 2, 3, 4, done! For special occasions, such as birthdays or holiday celebrations, you may add a 5th step: the decoration! Add some icing, fondant, fruits, cake toppers, candles, … and bon appétit! Enjoy!
Will you make the yogurt cake your next family tradition? Let us know in a comment below or by email, we want to know!
As Amazon’s affiliate company, if you buy some products from some links inserted in the text of this blog post, we may get a small share of the revenue from the sale. Any feedback? Email us at contact@teukoapp