Ingredients (for 4 persons / 2 adults and 2 kids)
- 12 oz / 340g of ready-to-use butternut squash
- 4 carrots
- 2 sweet potatoes
- 2 oz / 50 ml of milk
- 1 oz / 25g of butter
- Salt and pepper for seasoning
Cooking Instructions (Average total time: 30min / 5-10min prep + 20-25min cooking )
- Put water in the bottom of the steamer and put the bottom part of the steamer to heat.
- Meanwhile, wash the ready-to-use butternut squash and put in the top part of the steamer.
Peel the carrots, wash them, cut in pieces and add them into the top part of the steamer.
Peel the sweet potatoes, wash them, cut in pieces and add them into the top part of the steamer.
- Once the water is boiling in the bottom part of the steamer, place the top part of the steamer on it and cover.
- After 20-25min, stop the heat, remove the water from the bottom part of the steamer (Be careful! very hot water!) and place the steamed veggies from the top to the bottom part of the steamer.
- Add the little quantity of milk and the butter. Season with salt and pepper.
- Mix with the stick blender. And voilà! Bon appétit!
- If you don’t have any steamer, you can use a saucepan. Add a little bit of water in it but not too much because the butternut squash will give some water too.
- If you don’t have a stick blender, you still can make the purée… with a fork! Just a little bit longer 🙂
- You can replace milk by liquid cream.
- You can choose between salted or non salted butter. I like using European style butter.
- I let you choose the amount of salt and pepper you want to put in your purée because I think it’s a personal matter. Our tastes are all different and unique indeed.
- If you want, you can put a little pinch of nutmeg and/or turmeric in this purée. Yummy!